An international standard for learning services outside of formal education is ISO 29990:2010. It offers rules for businesses that provide services for non-formal education and training, such as lifelong learning, continuing education, and vocational training.
1. The standard's focus is on learning service providers, regardless of their size, location, or manner of delivery (e.g., in-person training, online learning, blended learning).
2. The standards for a quality management system relevant to learning services are outlined in ISO 29990:2010. It establishes standards that organisations must meet in order to properly plan, create, deliver, and evaluate their educational programmes and services.
3. Learning Service Providers: The standard is applicable to a variety of organisations that provide non-formal education and training, such as corporate training departments, coaching centres, vocational schools, and training institutions.
4. Organisations can obtain certification in accordance with ISO 29990:2010 to prove that they have complied with its standards. The legitimacy and confidence that certification offers to consumers, students, and other stakeholders.
It's important to note that ISO 29990:2010 has been updated to ISO 29990:2018. The standard's interaction with other management systems is simplified by the new version's alignment with the high-level structure (HLS) used for other ISO management system standards.
1. Quality Control: The ISO 29990 standard offers a framework for businesses to create a quality management system specifically for educational services. Organisations can guarantee the calibre and efficiency of their educational services and programmes by conforming to the criteria. This raises learner satisfaction and boosts the organization's reputation in general.
2. Enhanced Competence of Trainers: The standard places a strong emphasis on the skills and credentials of the staff members and trainers who offer learning services. Organisations may concentrate on creating and sustaining a highly trained workforce by applying ISO 29990, which has a direct impact on the level of instruction and training given.
3. Improved Learning Outcomes: According to ISO 29990, organisations must specify the goals and learning outcomes for their programmes. This aids students in comprehending desired results and adjusting their learning objectives accordingly. Organisations may continually enhance their programmes to suit the requirements and expectations of learners by tracking and analysing learning outcomes.
4. Continuous Improvement: The PDCA cycle, which is followed by ISO 29990, encourages a culture of continuous improvement among learning service providers. Organisations may find opportunities for process improvement and put remedial measures in place by routinely analysing and evaluating their procedures. As a result, educational programmes continue to be more effective and efficient.
5. Credibility and Trust: External confirmation of an organization's commitment to high-quality learning services is provided through certification against ISO 29990. It increases learner, customer, and other stakeholder credibility and trust. Achieving certification shows a company's compliance with internationally recognised standards and dedication to providing top-notch instruction and training.
6. Competitive Advantage: In the education and training sector, implementing ISO 29990 can provide organisations a competitive edge. The ability to separate themselves from rivals who are not qualified is provided through certification. It shows a dedication to excellence and can draw in additional students and clients that value high-quality education and training.
What is included in this
- Preparation of documents
- ISO 29990 Certification
- Liasioning with the department
- 24/7 help to assist you
What does certification to ISO 29990:2010 means??
The international standard ISO 29990:2010 establishes criteria for learning services outside of the realm of formal education. It provides standards for businesses that offer non-formal education and training services, including coaching centres, e-learning platforms, and vocational training facilities.
What does ISO 29990:2010 certification serve?
The goal of ISO 29990:2010 certification is to make sure that businesses that provide learning services adhere to strict quality standards. It strives to increase the credibility and efficiency of learning service providers as well as the transparency and comparability of non-formal education and training services.
What are the primary criteria for certification to ISO 29990:2010?
The following are the primary criteria for ISO 29990:2010 certification:
· defining the goals and regulations of the learning services.
· putting in place a quality management system that complies with the requirement.
· determining and addressing the requirements of students and other stakeholders.
· creating and putting into use efficient teaching and learning procedures.
· evaluating and continually enhancing the efficiency of educational services.
· tracking and evaluating client happiness.
· ensuring the proficiency of the employees and instructors providing the services.
· managing the resources required to deliver top-notch educational services.
Who is eligible to apply for ISO 29990:2010 certification?
Any organisation that offers learning services outside of the traditional educational system, regardless of its size or location, is eligible to apply for ISO 29990:2010 certification. This comprises training facilities, e-learning platforms, organisations that offer professional development, and other organisations that offer learning services.
How does a company become certified to ISO 29990:2010?
To become certified to ISO 29990:2010, a company must generally do the following actions:
· familiarise oneself with the standard's criteria.
· Create and put into action a quality management system that satisfies the need.
· To evaluate the performance of the quality management system, conduct an internal audit.
· Use a certified certifying body's services to carry out an external audit.
· Any non-conformities found throughout the audit process should be corrected.
· The certifying organisation issues the ISO 29990:2010 certificate following a successful audit.
What advantages come with certification to ISO 29990:2010?
The following are some advantages of ISO 29990:2010 certification:
· increased reputation for integrity and acceptance in the education and training sector.
· improved comparability and transparency of educational services.
· increased client trust in the organization's products and services.
· technique that is systematic in managing and enhancing learning services.
· improved adherence to global best practises in training and education.
· By proving conformity with international standards, one has a competitive edge in the market.
The integration of ISO 29990:2010 certification with other management system standards is possible, right?
Using a common framework known as the High-Level Structure (HLS), ISO 29990:2010 may be linked with other management system standards like ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) or ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System). Organisations may simplify their management procedures and simultaneously show that they are in compliance with several standards thanks to this connection.