Expert Help to Convert Minor PAN to Major

Ensure a seamless transition from minor to major PAN card status as you turn 18, empowering you with a valid card for financial and tax activities

Our Pricing

Market Price: ₹599
LegalDelight Price: ₹399
You Save: ₹200
Government Fee: At Actuals

Talk to an expert


A PAN cardholder who is under the age of 18 is required, according to the regulations issued by the Income Tax Department of India, to upgrade their PAN card to a major PAN card once they reach the age of 18. When a person reaches the age of 18, they are considered an adult for the purposes of income tax, and it is important to upgrade the status on their PAN card from minor to major at that time. It is recommended to begin the process of converting a minor PAN into a major PAN as quickly as possible when the individual reaches the age of 18 years old. As adults, this will ensure that they may conduct their financial and tax-related activities using a PAN card that is both current and valid in their name.

Stages for Conversion

1. Obtain the PAN application form: You may obtain the PAN application form by either downloading it from the official website of the Income Tax Department or obtaining a physical copy from a PAN facilitation centre that is located in your area.

2. Complete the following fields: Please ensure that all of the information you provide on the PAN application form (Form 49A for Indian citizens) is correct and up to date. Please enter your previously assigned PAN number (which was given to you while you were a minor) in the space provided.

3. Documentation in support of the claim should be provided. The documentation in support of the claim should be gathered, and it should normally contain evidence of identification, proof of residence, and proof of date of birth. You may find the detailed list of documents that can be used to support your application for a PAN in the instructions that are supplied with the form.

4. Send the completed application form, together with any accompanying documentation, to the PAN facilitation centre or authorised agency that is geographically closest to you. Ensure that the form is properly signed and that all of the needed papers are included in the submission.

5. You must provide the appropriate payment for the PAN application. Because the cost is subject to change, it is in your best interest to check the updated fee schedule on the website of the Income Tax Department.

6. After you have sent in your application, it will first be processed, and then it will go through a verification procedure. The Department of Income Tax may get in touch with you to request any further information or clarification if it deems it necessary. Your minor PAN will be transformed into a major PAN after the verification has been completed successfully.

7. You will be sent a new PAN card when the verification and processing have been finished. On this card, the main status will reflect any changes that have occurred since the previous card was issued. The PAN card will be delivered to the address that was specified in the application form.

What is included in this

1. Documents preparations

2. Updation of PAN Card

3. Liasioning with the department

4. 24*7 Mail Support


1. What is a PAN card for minors?

A minor PAN card is a Permanent Account Number (PAN) card issued to individuals under the age of eighteen.

2. When must a minor PAN card be upgraded to a major PAN card?

A minor PAN card should be converted to an adult PAN card when the holder turns 18 years old. For income tax purposes, they are deemed an adult at this age.

3. Is the conversion of a minor PAN to a major PAN required?

Yes, it is required to convert a minor PAN to an adult PAN once the individual reaches the age of 18. This ensures that the PAN card accurately reflects the individual's status as an adult taxpayer.

4. How can a minor PAN be upgraded to a major PAN? ?

To convert a minor PAN to an adult PAN, a person must register for a new PAN card as an adult. They must submit the PAN application form (Form 49A), the required supporting documents, the application fee, and their application to the designated PAN facilitation centre or authorised agency.

5. What documentation is necessary to convert a minor PAN to a major PAN?

Typically, the documents required to convert a minor PAN to an adult PAN are evidence of identity, proof of address, and proof of birth date. Aadhaar card, voter ID card, passport, driver's licence, and birth certificate are acceptable documents.

6. Can the same PAN be retained following the conversion of a minor PAN to a major PAN?

Yes, the same PAN number is maintained when a minor PAN is converted to a major PAN. The PAN card is updated to reflect the adult status of the individual.

Want to know More ?