The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India) registration is mandatory for the individual or entity intent to engage into the business of food in India. Food Safety and Standard Authority of India is the apex authority, incorporated under The Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006, who regulate the food industry and govern and provide food safety norms in India.
FSSAI Basic Registration
According to the rules of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), the first level of registration necessary for small food businesses in India is referred to as FSSAI Basic Registration. Businesses with a yearly revenue of up to Rs. 12 lakhs are subject to it.
Important Key Points:
1. Eligibility: FSSAI Basic Registration is available to small food businesses, including food producers, distributors, retailers, transporters, storage facilities, and food service providers.
2. Annual Turnover: Individual or entity must obtain an FSSAI Basic Registration if their annual turnover is less then or up to Rs. 12 lakhs. Higher levels of registration, such as a State Licence or Central Licence, may be applicable for enterprises that generate more revenue than this threshold.
3. Application Process: The Food Licencing and Registration System (FLRS) site of the FSSAI accepts online applications for FSSAI Basic Registration. Information including the business name, address, contact information, food type, and a self-declaration of conformity with food safety regulations are required in the application.
4. Certificate and Display: The business receives the FSSAI.
5. Basic Registration certificate after the application is approved. The certification needs to be conspicuously displayed at the location where food business operations are conducted.
6. Renewal: Depending on the preference of the firm, the FSSAI Basic Registration is valid for a period of 1 to 5 years. To ensure compliance, the registration must be renewed within the allotted time span.
7. Adherence with Food Safety Standards: Even with FSSAI Basic Registration, businesses need to adhere to the food safety and hygiene regulations set by FSSAI. Regular inspections may be conducted by FSSAI officials to ensure compliance.
1. Regulatory Compliances: The FSSAI License ensure that the business operations are being carried out in compliance with FSSAI Act. It further helps to avoid any legal issues in future and closure of business due to operation without having FSSAI License as per FSSAI Act.
2. Generate Trust: Having FSSAI License generate trust in the mind of the customer that the entity/ business operations are being carried out in compliance with FSSAI Act and henceforth, only quality of the food would have been served by businessman. It demonstrates your commitment to quality and safety, which can attract more customers and differentiate your brand in the market.
3. Consumer Health Protection: The primary purpose of enactment of FSSAI Act was to ensure that the healthy and hygienic food is being prepared and served to the customer. By obtaining a FSSAI License, you contribute to this goal by following proper food handling, storage, and processing practices, which minimizes the risk of foodborne illnesses and ensures consumer safety.
4. Credibility: The FSSAI License is a recognized certification that adds credibility to your business. It validates your compliance with national food safety standards and establishes your reputation as a responsible and reliable food business operator.
What is included in this
- Ascertain Eligibility Criteria
- Documents preparations
- FSSAI Registration
- Liasioning with the department
- 24*7 Mail Support
1. What is FSSAI Basic Registration?
The first level of registration necessary for small food businesses in India is the FSSAI Basic Registration. Businesses with a yearly revenue of up to Rs. 12 lakhs are subject to it.
2. Who is eligible for FSSAI Basic Registration?
FSSAI Basic Registration is available to small food businesses, including food producers, distributors, retailers, transporters, storage facilities, and food service providers.
3. What is the validity period of FSSAI Basic Registration?
According to the period of validity selected by the business owner during the application procedure, the FSSAI Basic Registration is valid for 1 to 5 years.
4. How can I apply for FSSAI Basic Registration?
The Food Licencing and Registration System (FLRS) portal of the FSSAI accepts online applications for FSSAI Basic Registration. During the application procedure, the necessary information must be submitted, including business information and the food category.
5. What documents are required for FSSAI Basic Registration?
Depending on the particular criteria of the state or local FSSAI authority, other documents may be needed for FSSAI Basic Registration. In general, documentation like picture ID proof, business address proof, and passport-sized photos of the owner/proprietor of the company are needed.
6. Can I operate my food business without FSSAI Basic Registration?
No, in order to ensure compliance with food safety regulations, food businesses are mandatorily required to get FSSAI Basic Registration or higher-level Registrations, based on their annual turnover and business activities.
7. What are the benefits of FSSAI Basic Registration?
FSSAI Basic Registration enables small food businesses to demonstrate compliance with food safety regulations, build consumer trust, and operate legally. It also provides a foundation for businesses to expand their operations and scale up gradually.