The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standard Authority of India) license is mandatory for the individual or entity intent to engage into the business of food in India. Food Safety and Standard Authority of India is the apex authority, incorporated under The Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006, who regulate the food industry and govern and provide food safety norms in India. The Food Safety and Standard Act, 2006 strictly prohibit a person to carry any food business without obtaining license from the department. Hence, any person, whether it is Individual or an Entity, intending to engage itself into any business related to food is mandatory to have FSSAI License. This License is generally called Food license.
1. Basic FSSAI Registration: This is applicable to small-scale food businesses which has its annual turnover of up to Rupees 12,00,000/- (Rupees Twelve Lakh). This registration is suitable for businesses operating at a local or municipal level.
2. State FSSAI License: This license is required for food businesses which has its annual turnover of between Rs. 12,00,000/- (Rupees Twelve Lakh) and Rs. 20,00,00,000/- (Rupees Twenty Crore). It is suitable for businesses operating within a specific state.
3. Central FSSAI License: This license is applicable to large-scale food which has its annual turnover of exceeding Rs. 20,00,00,000/- (Rupees Twenty Crore). It is required for businesses that operate at a national level or have multiple locations in different states
1. Regulatory Compliances: The FSSAI License ensure that the business operations are being carried out in compliance with FSSAI Act. It further helps to avoid any legal issues in future and closure of business operations due to operation without having FSSAI License as per FSSAI Act.
2. Generate Trust: Having FSSAI License generate trust in the mind of the customer that the entity/ business operations are being carried out in compliance with FSSAI Act and henceforth, only quality of the food would have been served by businessman. It demonstrates your commitment to quality and safety, which can attract more customers and differentiate your brand in the market.
3. Consumer Health Protection: The primary purpose of enactment of FSSAI Act was to ensure that the health and hygienic food is being prepared and served to the customer. Consumer Protection: By obtaining an FSSAI License, you contribute to this goal by following proper food handling, storage, and processing practices, which minimizes the risk of foodborne illnesses and ensures consumer safety.
4. Credibility: The FSSAI License is a recognized certification that adds credibility to your business. It validates your compliance with national food safety standards and establishes your reputation as a responsible and reliable food business operator.
What is included in this
- Ascertain Eligibility Criteria
- Documents preparations
- FSSAI Certificate
- Liasioning with the department
- 24*7 Mail Support
1. What does FSSAI License means?
It is the primary document which is required for every person intending to start some food business.
2. Who need to have FSSAI License?
An individual or an entity intending to engage into the business of food is mandatorily required to obtain FSSAI License.
3. What are the different types of licenses under FSSAI Act?
FSSAI Authority issue three type of licenses depending upon the turnover of the business i.e. Basic Registration, State Registration, and Central Registration
4. What is the validity of license?
The validity depends on the duration. Minimum duration for the Maximum duration for license is 1 year and maximum duration of the license is 5 year
5. Can an individual or entity update their basic FSSAI License to a state or central FSSAI?
Yes, it is possible to update the FSSAI License into state or central by complying with the criteria and documentations as may be required to be submitted.